OVERVIEW: Prep: 5 min. | Cook: 20 min. 50-60 meatballs
For the Sausage & Cheese Balls
- 1 pound ground hot Italian sausage
- 2 scallions finely chopped, white and green parts
- 3 cups biscuit baking mix
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
For the sauce
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
Mix balls and bake
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large bowl, add the sausage, scallions, baking mix, and cheddar cheese.
- Mix with your hands until everything is evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick aluminum foil or use a non-stick sheet.
- Make mixture into 1-inch balls and place on the sheet one inch apart.
- Bake until golden and cooked through, about 20 minutes.
Make the sauce
- In a medium bowl stir the barbecue sauce and mayonnaise.
- Serve with cooled balls.
Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2019