OVERVIEW: Prep: 40 min. | Cook: 35 min.
For the chicken
- Cooking spray
- 3 chicken breasts
- 6 tablespoons garlic butter, melted zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup grated parmesan (like sand)
- 1 cup crushed stuffing cubes
For the pasta
- 1 cup jarred alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Black pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked al dente
- Lemon wedges, for spritzing
Prepare the breasts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line with non-stick aluminum foil.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry.
- On the smooth side of each breast, score them with deep slices along the length about 3/4” apart. Be careful on the tapered ends to not cut all the way through, keeping the breast intact.
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl and pour butter over the top, turning to coat. In a large bowl stir the zest, cheese, and crushed stuffing cubes.
- Press the breasts into this mixture, making sure to coat the insides of the scores along the length of each breast.
- Place sliced side up on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of each with cooking spray.
- Bake until golden brown on top and cooked through, about 30-35 minutes.
Make pasta and serve
- In a large pot on medium heat add the alfredo sauce, parsley, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Heat until it simmers and then add the pasta.
- Stir until warm.
- Serve beneath chicken with a sprit of lemon.
Recipe courtesy Sunny Anderson, 2019