OVERVIEW: Prep: 6 min. 7 servings
- 2 tablespoons Clover Valley™ butter
- 1 cup Clover Valley™ long grain white rice
- 1 cup Clover Valley™ reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Birdseye™ frozen peas
- 1 (6.5-ounce) can Clover Valley™ sliced mushrooms, drained well
- 1 tablespoon Clover Valley™ dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup Clover Valley™ grated parmesan cheese
- Coarse black pepper for sprinkling (optional)
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add rice and sauté until light golden. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring once.
- Add the water, peas, mushrooms, and onion, and return to a boil; reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until well blended. Sprinkle with black pepper, if desired, and serve immediately.