OVERVIEW: Prep: 6 min. 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Clover Valley™ black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup Clover Valley™ whole kernel corn (no salt added) drained
- 1/3 cup Clover Valley™ diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Clover Valley™ chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Clover Valley™ ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Clover Valley™ garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Clover Valley™ dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Clover Valley™ salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Clover Valley™ black pepper
- 4 (4-ounce) frozen New York steaks, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine black beans, corn, and diced tomatoes. In a small bowl, combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, parsley, salt, and pepper; mix well and set aside 2 teaspoons. Add the remaining spice mixture to the black bean mixture; mix well.
- Sprinkle the reserved spice mixture evenly over the steaks. Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot.
- Cook steaks, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium, or until desired doneness. Thinly slice beef across the grain and top with black bean salsa.