OVERVIEW: Prep: 15 min. | Cook: 50 min.
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 Tbsp. stick margarine or butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (14 oz.) pkg. banana bread quick bread mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour bottom only of a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- In small bowl, combine oats, pecans, margarine and brown sugar; mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup mixture, set aside.
- In large bowl, combine remaining oat mixture, quick bread mix, water, banana, eggs and oil.
- Mix until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle top of loaf with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan; remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.